Everyone struggles with their weight. In one way or another, we all wish we could do something to improve our bodies. If you have ever thought about making a change, today is the day!
With LetsLose, you will find an inviting clinic with friendly staff and a program that is guaranteed to help you lose weight. LetsLose will help you every step of the way with advice and helpful information as well as encouragement to get you motivated and keep you going.
As a Christian clinic, we believe that God is the Creator and Giver of life and it is our job to live the best and healthiest lifestyle we can. God cares about you and is there to help you in your weight loss journey. Remember, we can do all things through the power of Christ that strengthens us (Phillipians 4:13)!
Please explore this part of our Web site to learn about our program and how to set up your first appointment. We have included a guide for new patients below.
Equation for Weight Loss:
- A calorie = energy produced by food
- During a weight loss regimen, when calories consumed are less than the body needs for energy, stored fat will be used as fuel, and weight loss will occur.
- 1 pound = 3500 calories
- If calories are restricted below maintenance needs by about 500 per day, a 1 pound weight loss per week should occur. (500 x 7 =3500)
- For most individuals, a 1200-1500 calorie restriction is recommended for weight loss.
- A 1-2 pound weight loss per week is considered healthy.
How to achieve 1200 calories per day:
- 9-10 carb servings per day
- 5 meat/protein servings
- 3 fat servings
- 3 + non starchy vegetables
- Refer to your meal planner for number of servings, serving sizes, and sample meals.
- Walk 5-7,000 steps per day
- Examples of caloric expenditure (if maintained for 30 minutes):
- Aerobic exercise: 178 calories
- Dancing: 130 calories
- Brisk walking: 150 calories
- Swimming: 250 calories
- Mopping: 150 calories
- Gardening/weeding: 180 calories
- Benefits of Exercise:
- Increased energy expenditure
- Increased metabolism
- Increased energy
- Suppressed appetite
- Decreased blood pressure
- Improved lipid levels and heart function
Healthy Food Choices
- Whole grain breads and cereals
- Lean meats (baked, grilled, broiled)
- Fruit: fresh, frozen, canned (no added sugar)
- Limit fruit juices due to excess calories
- Vegetables: fresh, frozen, canned (remember: seasoning plays a role)
- Dairy: skim and low fat products
- Fats: use in limited amounts (includes oils, margarine, butter, and mayonnaise dressings
- Water! Water! Water! (100 ounces per day)
- Calorie-free beverages
- No caramel-colored drinks. They will counteract with the lipotropic injections
The 4 Food Groups
- Carbohydrates: breads, starchy vegetables, pastas, cereals, milk, yogurt, and fruits.
- Meat/Protein: lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, cheese, peanut butter, and nuts.
- Fats: butter, margarine, oils, mayonnaise, salad dressings, and sour cream.
- Vegetables: non starchy vegetables